Sunday, October 15, 2017

Sunday Fright Bite: WV's Haunted House Photos

Good Sunday evening! Last night was another long night of Halloween fun (we went to a Halloween-themed wrestling show and met Papa Shango!). So, needless to say, I was too tired to post a longer blog for today. Instead, I thought I would share some spooky vintage photographs from right here in West Virginia. I found both of these photos several years ago on the awesome website, WV History on View. This site is filled with a searchable database of vintage West Virginia photos. I did a search for 'haunted' and found these two images. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did...and if you have ANY information on them, especially whether or not they are standing, please let me know. 

Stay spooky!


This photo came from the WV History on View website with the description:  The "haunted house" along Highway 5 west of Glenville, referred to by Virgil and Ernest Danley in their ghost stories. By Thomas Brown (1975). Anyone know if this house is still standing or what the story behind it is? I did find that Virgil and Ernest Danley are folk musician brothers. 




Here's another awesome photo from the WV History on View website. The only description for it is: Haunted House near Aurora, Preston County, W. Va. (1889).

No comments:

Post a Comment